No-Cam Performance Freeride
2017 Hellcat features the new clew outline coming straight from the RS: RACING EVO8 development. The Hellcat is a thoroughbred performance freeride sail. It’s fast, powerful and delivers an exhilarating combination of speed and acceleration. Slippery and rapid when powered up on a reach, Hellcat’s race sail shaping and twist characteristics ensure pace and pedigree of this high performance freeride machine.
- Custom laminated clew for optimized strength and load distribution. It features internally laminated Kevlar stripes that distribute the loads in the Clew area.
- Race-inspired longer luff curve and high aspect ratio ensuring high skin tension and fast reflex for maximum acceleration and top-end speed.
- Component battens: Six tubular batten configuration reducing weight while giving optimum profile shape and stability. One-rod bottom batten for deep foot profile and durability.
- Wide sleeve in the middle to upper section for a clean aerodynamic profile and easy rigging.
- Pronounced shaping in the bottom of the sail for maximum drive and power.
On the new V8, I merged the advantages of wide, race inspired luff sleeve design and a deep powerful profile with soft rotation, easy rigging and light weight made possible by the Integra-Cam. The result is an incredible acceleration from get-go, excellent middle wind range top speed and upper-end camber-supported profile stability.
"Great low-end acceleration and top-end speed. It is really easy to go fast.”
- Steven Van Broeckhoven
"True race feeling without cams — freerace experience."
- Jules Denel